Wireless Ethernet Adapter – Enterprise
The Silex SX-600 is a high-performance wireless ethernet adapter which enables any wired LAN device to become an 802.11b/g wireless network device, giving you freedom to place it anywhere in your facility. It is ideal for connecting Ethernet enabled printers, scanners, and multifunction printers (MFPs) to the wireless network without having to change any of the drivers or management utilities that you normally use. The SX-600 will also bring 802.11b/g wireless capabilities to any other Ethernet enabled product such as Ethernet enabled desktop or laptop computers, point of sale terminals, medical devices, and networked industrial control devices.
The SX-600 includes enterprise-level security features including access control lists, complete protocol and application enable/disable control, read and write configuration passwords, and SNMP community name configuration. The wireless models also add 802.1x Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) with Transport Layer Security (TLS), Tunneled Transport Layer Security (TTLS), Lightweight Extensible Authentication Protocol (LEAP), Protected Extensible Authentication Protocol (PEAP) or Flexible Authentication via Secure Tunneling (FAST); Open System or Shared Key support with Wired Equivalent Privacy (WEP) encoding; WPA (Wi-Fi Protected Access) Personal (WPA-PSK) and Enterprise modes, which utilise improved encryption via the Temporal Key Integrity Protocol (TKIP); and WPA2, which adds Advanced Encryption Standard (AES).
No Drivers Needed – Works with Any Ethernet-Enabled Device
Once the SX-600 is configured, it can be connected to any Ethernet device. It is platform and Operating System independent, so you don’t need any drivers or additional software. This allows you to take advantage of all of the functionality of your networked product by bridging it to the wireless network— making it ideal for applications such as printer and status monitoring, network scanning, and industrial control or status monitoring. Nothing needs to be changed on your Ethernet device in order to make it wireless when using the SX-600.
Additional capabilities of the SX-600 include:
- Supports existing network utility software without compromise
- Supports networked scanning facilities wirelessly
- Windows software configuration and web browser interface for easy setup
- Ethernet pass-through means that it works with any security already provided by your Ethernet enabled device
- Once configured, the SX-600 is platform independent so it will work with any operating system and any network device
- Silex also offers an embedded solution (SX-550) for device manufacturers who want to implement secure wireless functionality internally