High Performance USB Device Server
The SX-DS-4000U2 is a High-End USB Device Server with an extremely powerful 800Mhz CPU. With help of the USB Virtual Link technology from silex technology any type of USB device can be easily networked. Printers, Scanners, Hard Disks, Dongles and cardreaders can be used over the network with help of the 2 USB HiSpeed ports of the SX-DS-4000U2 as if they were locally connected to the PC. Multiple users can access the same USB device after each other, even if it is located at a distant place.
The Gigabit Ethernet technology combined with the high performance CPU allows the SX-DS-4000U2 to transmit data quite fast, which is especially useful for devices like document scanners and hard disks.
Also audio devices or webcams are supported with full speed and HiSpeed mode in isochronous data streaming.
If the device server is not used for a longer time the power supply for the USB bus will be interrupted to save energy. The energy saving mode automatically gets disabled if you use the USB device again.
The device is also a print server and supports GDI printer and also the default printing protocols like LPR/IPP and RAW printing on a standard TCP/IP port.
- Supported Operating Systems: Windows 8/7/Vista/XP, Server 2008/2003, Mac OS X v.10.3-10.8
- Device Interfaces: 2x USB 2.0 Hi-Speed
- Using an optional USB hub, a max. of 15 USB connections are possible
- Network Interfaces: 10/100/1000 Mbps (auto-detect)
- USB Device Server and Print Server in one device
- Compatible with the current printer protocols IPP (Internet Printing Protocol), LPR (Line Printer Remote protocol), RAW and GDI (Graphics Device Interface)
- Particular security due to IP address filter
- 800 MHz CPU, 8MB Flash & 64MB DDR2-RAM
- Compatible with NTFS and FAT formatted memory